Ucle Jack's Land


Today in numeracy block we did some work on our Uncle Jacks Land.Uncle Jack has left me 60 square metres of land.We have to draw out a picture about what the land might look like.






It might be a square that is 4 meters for the length and 15 meters for the width that would equal up to 60 square meters of land.






This is my reflection.






Today I found out that area=the length of an object and the width of an object.



I really liked adding up the sums and timesing the different amounts of fencing because it is fun and it is fun learning different things. I am still not sure about the correct key. Next time I would figure out the timesing number first and then do the shape. I could teach someone else how to calculate up the fencing and how much it is. I figured out how to calculate up the fencing by timesing the length and width by two like this. 5x20x2=200

12x20x2=480.

Then I added up 200+480=680.

And that is how I get my answer,for the fencing.

No comments: